Sweet potato is a food of choice because of its unique nutritional benefits. This nutrient-rich starchy food has many benefits when consumed: it can help improve sports performance, recover more quickly and maintain good overall health.
- What is sweet potato?
- What are the benefits of sweet potato?
- What are the benefits of consuming sweet potato powder?
What is sweet potato?
The sweet potato was introduced in 1750, although it has been around for several thousand years. It is cultivated in America, Africa, Oceania and Asia. There are on average two types of sweet potato varieties commercially available: orange flesh and white flesh.
It is both a starchy food and a root vegetable. Indeed, the sweet potato is rich in starch, but it grows underground. It is also rich in fiber, vitamin A, B, C, D, E, K, copper, manganese and beta-carotene. It also contains minerals, such as potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, which are essential for good muscle and bone health.
What are the benefits of sweet potato?
- Rich in vitamin A: Sweet potatoes are a very good source of vitamin A, important for vision, bone and tooth growth as well as skin health.
- Source of antioxidants: It prevents age-related diseases, reduces the risk of cancer and preserves liver health. The presence of anthocyanins and phenolic compounds helps reduce cholesterol oxidation and thus limit the onset of cardiovascular diseases. More generally, the presence of antioxidants stimulates the immune response and reduces the risk of disease.
- Regulate blood sugar: Sweet potato is a food that can help people with diabetes because it contains resistant starch. This is a form of carbohydrate that is less likely to cause blood sugar spikes. The fiber present in potatoes helps maintain stable blood sugar levels by slowing down the digestion of carbohydrates. Sweet potato's low glycemic index reduces insulin resistance and improves blood sugar control.
- Moderately caloric: Sweet potatoes are a very nutritious food that contains fewer calories than other starchy foods such as bread, rice or pasta. It can easily replace potatoes, because it has a lower glycemic index than the latter while being lower in calories . Sweet potato can be incorporated into all types of diet and all sporting goals, such as weight loss.
- Gradual energy intake : The presence of carbohydrates in sweet potatoes helps nourish the muscles over time and recover more effectively. To work on your performance in bodybuilding or crossfit, it is the ideal food: sweet potato prepares the body for physical effort, provides energy gradually and helps with recovery.
Why take sweet potato powder?
There are many benefits to consuming sweet potato in powder form.
At Nutrimuscle, Nutrimuscle organic sweet potato powder is rich in arabinogalactan, a complex carbohydrate called polysaccharide. The latter has a prebiotic action: it nourishes the good bacteria of the intestinal flora, increases the concentration of Lactobacillus and strengthens the immune system.
Sweet potato powder is easy to incorporate into many cooking recipes: smoothies, pancakes, but also in a shaker. No need to wait until lunchtime or the evening to consume it, it can easily be used in desserts, snacks and other sweet products. In this way, sweet potato cleans up the nutrition.
It can also replace flour for people who wish to limit their gluten consumption.
The quality of nutrients is in no way degraded in powder format: therefore, using sweet potato powder regularly in your diet allows you to supplement with vitamins and minerals and boost your immune system.
How to use Nutrimuscle organic sweet potato powder?
Sweet potato powder is intended for athletes, sedentary people and fans of cooking recipes. It can be consumed once diluted in temperate mineral water or milk, up to 45 g per dose, up to three times a day.
At breakfast in a smoothie, or in a bowl, in a shaker during training, sweet potato powder is an ingredient that can be used everywhere. This is why consuming sweet potato as a supplement is an easy way to increase your nutrient intake, boost your energy and immunity, and optimize your sports performance.