Take 3 to 4 capsules per day with room-temperature mineral water.
Tribulus Terrestris is a plant that has been used for thousands of years in Chinese and Indian medicine to treat all kinds of ailments. But its libido-boosting properties in particular have made it very popular around the world. Tribulus Terrestris is one of the most widely used aphrodisiac plants. Nutrimuscle's Tribulus Terrestris is made from the fruit of this plant.
Muscle definition and performance improvement
Tribulus Terrestris is naturally able to modulate hormonal secretions to create an anabolic environment more favourable to muscle growth, resulting in increased strength and increased physical resistance.
Tribulus Terrestris helps detoxify the body by accelerating the elimination of toxic substances generated by muscle training, such as urea.
By acting as a testicular antioxidant, Tribulus Terrestris optimises testosterone secretion and serves as a sexual enhancer.
For further details on the benefits of Nutrimuscle Tribulus Terrestris, visit the Find out more section.
- Tribulus Terrestris extract with 40% saponins
- Capsule: Beef gelatin
Nutritional values per 100 g :
- Protein : 11g
- Carbohydrates : 13,5g
- Fat : 5g
- Calories : 143 kcal
4 capsules contain 2000 mg of tribulus terrestris.
Nutrimuscle Tribulus Terrestris is for:
- Athletes, for its performance-boosting qualities
- Inactive people, for its effect on sexual performance
Take Tribulus Terrestris capsules with a little room-temperature mineral water:
1h30 before exercise; With the main meals of the day (morning, noon, or evening).
Depending on your level, you should take 3 to 4 capsules of Nutrimuscle Tribulus Terrestris per day.
- In order to fully benefit from the stimulating effect of Nutrimuscle Tribulus Terrestris on your performance, take 3 to 4 capsules, 1 hour to 30 minutes before your session.
- If using Nutrimuscle Tribulus Terrestris to boost your sexual performance, take 1 or 2 capsules with your three main meals.
Synergies between supplements
Adverse reactions between supplements
No known negative interactions with other supplements.
(1) Do J. Effects and Mechanism of Action of a Tribulus terrestris Extract on Penile Erection. Korean J Urol. 2013 Mar;54(3):183-8.
Find out more
How did an aphrodisiac come to be one of the most popular plants among athletes (2)? Tribulus Terrestris' ability to increase sexual arousal is explained by its ability to increase testosterone secretion. This is an effect that has been demonstrated repeatedly in animals (3-4). That's all it took to get the attention of male athletes. Tribulus Terrestris was first used by athletes in Eastern Europe. Medical studies carried out there showed an improvement in recovery capacities after 'heavy' weight training. In the long term, this effect provides boosted performance (5). Soon after, American athletes appropriated the idea; the use of Tribulus Terrestris then spread all over the world.
What is the relationship between improved erection and increased strength and endurance during training? Both result from an increase in the natural secretion of NO (nitric oxide). This gas helps the blood vessels to relax, thus allowing more blood to enter the muscles. It is by increasing the secretion of NO that Tribulus Terrestris assists erectile function and helps you to train better.
Muscle gain and performance
Medical studies show that for athletes, Tribulus Terrestris is able to naturally modulate hormonal secretions to create an anabolic environment more favourable to muscle growth (1). For 20 days, strength athletes received a total of 1875 mg of Tribulus Terrestris, divided into three daily doses (2). After 10 days, the researchers noted a rise in testosterone levels as well as in the activity of enzymes associated with an increase in muscle mass. This resulted in improved strength and physical resistance.
For elite cyclists, 38 days of Tribulus Terrestris reduced cortisol levels (catabolism hormone) while increasing the level of free testosterone (active hormone; 3). It should be noted that the impact of Tribulus Terrestris is not instantaneous. Thus, two days of use are not enough for this hormonal adjustment to take place (4). This supplement should be used in the long term to achieve the desired results.
Bodybuilders and American football players were given Tribulus Terrestris for 10 weeks (5). This supplementation allowed them to gain 2 kg of muscle while eliminating 1 kg of fat. Both torso and thigh strength increased by 5 kg.
Some athletes notice a rapid improvement in muscle definition after taking Tribulus Terrestris. This is largely explained by the diuretic effect of Tribulus Terrestris (6), which can be directly linked to the improvement of renal functioning (2).
The latter effect also explains how Tribulus Terrestris helps detoxify the body by accelerating the elimination of toxic substances, such as urea, generated by weight training (2). A positive effect on cholesterol is also noted as the use of Tribulus Terrestris lowers its level in the blood (2).
Other health benefits
From a health perspective, research also shows that Tribulus Terrestris has a protective effect on the liver and helps reduce the inflammatory phenomena responsible for colon irritation (7-8). Tribulus Terrestris can also reduce immunosuppression induced by very intense physical exertion (9).
Tribulus Terrestris is a plant rich in antioxidants of multiple varieties (10). Moreover, by acting as a testicular antioxidant, Tribulus Terrestris optimises testosterone secretion and serves as a sexual enhancer.
- (1) Malviya N. Recent studies on aphrodisiac herbs for the management of male sexual dysfunction--a review. Acta Pol Pharm. 2011 Jan-Feb;68(1):3-8.
- (2) Mason MA. Use of nutritional supplements by high school football and volleyball players. Iowa Orthop J. 2001;21:43-8.
- (3) Martino-Andrade AJ. Effects of Tribulus terrestris on endocrine sensitive organs in male and female Wistar rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Jan 8;127(1):165-70.
- (4) Gauthaman K. The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris and its role in the management of male erectile dysfunction--an evaluation using primates, rabbit and rat. Phytomedicine. 2008 Jan;15(1-2):44-54.
- (5) Bone k. Tribulus for sexual dysfunction in men and women Townsend Lett 2004 Dec.
- (1) Adimoelija A. Protodioscin from herbal plant Tribulus terrestris L. improves male sexual functions possibly via DHEA. International Journal nof Impotence Research 1997 9(1) S 64
- (2) Milasius K. The influence of the Tribulus terrestris extract on the parameters of the functional preparedness and athletes organism homeostasis. Fiziol Zh. 2009;55(5):89-96.
- (3) McGregor SI. Herbal supplementation in highly trained cyclists during a period of intensified competition. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2000; 32 (5 suppl): S117
- (4) Saudan C. Short term impact of Tribulus terrestris intake on doping control analysis of endogenous steroids. Forensic Sci Int. 2008 Jun 10;178(1):e7-10.
- (5) Antonio J. Influence of a Tribulus-containing supplement on body composition and strength in football players and bodybuilders. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2000 32(5 suppl):S 61
- (6) Al-Ali M. Tribulus terrestris: preliminary study of its diuretic and contractile effects and comparison with Zea mays. J Ethnopharmacol. 2003 Apr;85(2-3):257-60.
- (7) Chhatre S. Phytopharmacological overview of Tribulus terrestris. Pharmacogn Rev. 2014 Jan;8(15):45-51.
- (8) Rajesh, BN. Effect of Tribulus terrestris against inflammatory bowel disease. International Journal of Veterinary Science 2013 Vol. 2 No. 4 pp. 143-150
- (9) Liang Y. Preventive effect of Tribulus Terrestris extract on exercise-related immunosuppression and its mechanism. International Journal of Exercise Science 2013 Vol. 10: Iss. 1, Article 56.
- (10) Hammoda HM. Chemical constituents from Tribulus terrestris and screening of their antioxidant activity. Phytochemistry. 2013 Aug;92:153-9.
- (11) Shalaby MA.Assessment of protective and anti-oxidant properties of Tribulus terrestris fruits against testicular toxicity in rats. J Intercult Ethnopharmacol. 2014 Jul-Sep;3(3):113-8.
Certificates and studies
- What is the effect of oxygen therapy on erection and testosterone?
- NO boosters to counteract cold symptoms?
- Total antioxidant capacity of the diet and mortality?
- What is the role of NO in preventing injuries?
- NO boosters to lower blood pressure?
- Tribulus to combat male infertility?
- Antioxidants for menopausal symptoms?
- What is the benefit of NO in regulating bone blood flow?
- What is antioxidant deficiency in athletes?
- More muscle thanks to tribulus?
- Tribulus also works for women
- Is an NO rebound possible?
- Role of NO in regulating bone blood flow
- More antioxidants = less diabetes
- What is the role of NO in insulin sensitivity?
- In particular, NO increases high intensity performance
- NO - essential for anabolism?
- What is the anabolic power of NO?
- Sport increases the need for antioxidants
- Do antioxidants delay ageing?
- Antioxidants boost the anabolic effect of proteins
- Changes in stress proteins during training
- Antioxidants help people live longer
- Antioxidants + omega 3: good for the heart
- Sport increases the need for antioxidants
- How does tribulus increase training efficiency?
- Are irradiated foods good for your health?
- Tribulus increases performance and reduces catabolism
- The use of dietary supplements is beneficial to health
- More NO = more endurance and more strength
- More NO = more endurance and enhanced strength (continued)
- Tribulus is beneficial for the heart cells
- How does tribulus terrestris improve erection?
- Tribulus is rich in antioxidants
- Tribulus is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.