What are omega 3? Why supplementing with omega 3 is important? How Omega 3 can help you burn more fat? How to take them well? Nutrimuscle guides you in this article.
- What are omega 3?
- How Omega 3 can help you lose fat?
- How to properly use omega 3
What are omega 3?
Omega 3s are part of the family of essential fatty acids. This means that they cannot be synthesized by our body and must therefore be provided by food or supplementation.
There are three main types of omega 3:
Alpha-linolenic acid or ALA is an essential fatty acid that is generally found in plants such as nuts, linseed or rapeseed oils... ALA is considered essential and must therefore be provided by a good diet. .
The other two types of omega 3 are named EPA for “eicosapentaenoic acid” and DHA for docosahexaenoic acid. These fatty acids are found in fish such as salmon, mackerel and tuna. EPA and DHA contribute to good brain and nervous system health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Omega 3 and omega 6 balance
Ideally, a healthy diet should respect a balance of 5 omega 6 for 1 omega 3. However, our modern diet often generates an imbalance between these two essential fatty acids, with a ratio of 16 omega 6 for 1 omega 3. To restore the balance and maximize the benefits of omega 3 on health, so you have to adapt your diet and/or take food supplements.
The beneficial effects of omega 3 on health
Omega 3 surprises with their many effects on health, these essential fatty acids:
- Participate in good cardiovascular function by reducing the risk of heart disease, lowering triglyceride levels in the blood, lowering blood pressure and smoothing blood circulation.
- Contribute to the proper functioning of the brain. Studies have shown that a DHA deficiency can promote the onset of memory problems.
- Protect nerve cells through their anti-inflammatory effects.
- Help fight depression. Studies have shown that depressed patients have omega 3 deficiencies.
- Participate in the proper development of the retina.
The beneficial effects of omega 3 for bodybuilding
Omega 3 , in addition to their health benefits, also have very interesting virtues for athletes. Indeed they:
- Stimulate anabolism by activating the mTOR enzyme, responsible for muscle gain.
- Limit the appearance of aches and promote recovery after exercise.
How Omega 3 can help you lose fat?
Omega 3 through different mechanisms of action can help you burn more fat and optimize the results of a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Indeed, they have a thermogenic effect and will therefore increase the burning of your fat by raising your body temperature and helping to eliminate the fat that settles around your waist. They also make it possible to eliminate the superfluous kilos during a hypocaloric diet.
Omega 3s can help you better control your appetite by increasing your body's secretion of an appetite suppressant hormone called leptin.
Omega 3 therefore makes it easier for you to follow a low-calorie diet.
How to properly use omega 3
To improve the assimilation of omega 3 , take them with meals containing fats. Ideally, spread your doses of omega 3 over the day. Indeed, spreading the doses of omega 3 over the day is better for your digestive system and also better for making the most of their cardiovascular benefits. So omega 3 will help your heart beat more regularly throughout the day.
Regarding the doses, we recommend taking 2 to 4 g of omega 3 daily.