There are a multitude of supplements to take before training to optimize your performance and give the best of yourself. Nutrimuscle supports you and helps you make the most suitable choice.
What is a pre workout booster?
A pre workout booster is a type of supplement used before training to improve performance during the session. Some boosters contain stimulants: caffeine, guarana or green tea. Others do not contain it but lead to an improvement in endurance, strength or congestion through other mechanisms of action.
Do you need a boost to attack your workout? Do you want a big source of fast energy? Do you need to improve your endurance in preparation for the session? Are you looking to gain strength or do you want to optimize your muscle building?
For every need or objective, there is a suitable booster. We guide you to make the best choice.
How to choose your pre workout booster?
You will have understood, it is by clearly identifying your objectives and your needs that you will be able to choose the booster that you need.
You are looking for a boost effect on your energy and concentration:
Supplements containing natural stimulants are a good choice to give you a boost at the start of your workout. These boosters will give you the energy and concentration necessary to successfully complete your exercises.
Caffeine is the ideal booster thanks to its powerful effects on physical and cerebral performance. Caffeine stimulates concentration and reduces the feeling of effort. It is better to turn to a booster based on natural caffeine. In fact, it does not cause unpleasant effects of palpitations unlike synthetic caffeine.
- Green Caffeine Bio Booster : this booster is unroasted organic green coffee rich in natural caffeine (level of around 45%). Its benefits for you: reduction of the feeling of effort and perception of pain and improvement in the level of concentration.
- Natural Caffeine : this booster contains 95% natural and pure caffeine. It is an ideal supplement to take before training. Its caffeine level is stable and carefully controlled to avoid any overdose (80 mg of organic caffeine per capsule).
- Organic Guarana : This booster has a milder effect than green caffeine, but has a more prolonged action. Guarana naturally contains caffeine as well as other heart-healthy ingredients, such as polyphenols. These molecules counteract the harmful effects of caffeine in order to retain only its benefits. They facilitate the work of the heart during training and avoid sudden drops in energy.
Are you looking to gain strength and gain more muscle:
If you are looking to gain strength and optimize your muscle building, several supplements are interesting.
- BCAA : BCAAs (branched amino acids: Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) belong to the family of essential amino acids. Taking BCAAs just before training helps you resist fatigue better. During physical exertion, the level of Tryptophan entering the brain increases and thus causes physiological and psychological fatigue. BCAA supplementation limits the inflow of Tryptophan into the brain. This results in a reduction in the feeling of fatigue and an increase in strength.
- Peptopro : this supplement is ideal to take before training because it requires no effort for assimilation and digestion. Indeed, peptopro is a casein hydrolyzate, a protein booster whose effects are immediate. Peptopro also stimulates muscle gain.
- Whey Isolate comes from milk and contains 90% protein. Taking this protein before training helps stimulate muscle growth. Its very rapid assimilation gives it the advantage of not weighing on the digestive system during training.
Are you looking to improve your congestion:
In order to increase your muscle congestion, we recommend that you turn to supplements that stimulate the secretion of NO (nitrogen monoxide). NO is a gas that promotes oxygenation and muscle congestion. Here are some examples of supplements that increase congestion:
- Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid and direct precursor of nitric oxide. Taking arginine helps boost NO secretion, leading to better anabolism and better muscle congestion.
- Citrulline is also a semi-essential amino acid. Taking citrulline doubles the level of arginine in the blood. This boosts the secretion of nitric oxide (NO), allows the dilation of blood vessels and muscle congestion. Arginine and citrulline therefore work in synergy.
- Tribulus Terrestris is a plant that helps stimulate the secretion of hormones favorable to muscle growth. Tribulus Terrestris also acts as an NO booster promoting muscle congestion.
Are you looking to improve your endurance:
To increase your resistance to fatigue, you need a large source of energy that is quickly available. We recommend turning to quality carbohydrates to fuel your muscles before you start training. You can also take Beta-Alanine, an amino acid that helps delay the onset of fatigue during training.
- Dextrose is a simple carbohydrate that is assimilated very quickly (almost immediately). It then instantly provides energy to the muscles.
- Maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate that is quickly assimilated and helps prevent moments of fatigue and hypoglycemia during training.
- Oat Flakes or Barley Flakes are an excellent source of low glycemic index carbohydrates as well as fiber. They provide a good source of energy for training.
- Nutri-Fibres provide an excellent supply of fiber and carbohydrates leading to a prolonged release of energy.
- Beta-Alanine Carnosyn® : this amino acid allows muscles to produce carnosine. This has a neutralizing action on lactic acid accumulated with training. Thus, Beta-Alanine helps delay muscle fatigue and increase endurance during the session.
If you want to combine the different benefits of the boosters above with a practical, all-in-one supplement:
MusclePump Nutrimuscle is a mixture of amino acids specially designed to be taken before training. It allows, among other things:
The MusclePump Nutrimuscle (20g) contains:
The Nutrimuscle MusclePump has been designed to be used in a flexible manner according to your needs. It does not contain caffeine to give you the choice to add more during the day, depending on your training time. It does not contain carbohydrates to give you the choice of adding them or not depending on your objectives: mass gain or leanness.
When to take your pre workout?
Ideally, a booster is consumed 20 to 30 minutes before training. However, some boosters can be consumed during training. This is the case for Peptopro, the fastest-absorbing anabolic supplement.
Refer to the dosage indicated for each product mentioned above. To find out more about our pre workouts and their use, go to this page .