It's very easy to ruin your diet in the summer. Ice cream, barbecues, alcohol, food temptations are everywhere. However, following a diet does not mean depriving yourself. There are many ways to eat healthy, nutritious foods while enjoying yourself. Nutrimuscle helps you maintain a healthy diet while enjoying the summer seasons.
A balanced diet: essential for athletes
Summer inevitably brings with it many deviations linked to barbecues, ice creams and alcoholic evenings. However, it is essential to maintain a rich and balanced diet as part of a sports program. Indeed, it is nutrients that determine many factors linked to physical transformation: fat burning, muscle mass gain, muscle recovery, performance, etc.
Depending on your activity level, the required calorie intake increases. In other words, your body will need more calories to support the physical efforts made. If you do water sports or do a lot of walking this summer, you may need to eat more food to meet your energy needs. To find out how to calculate your energy expenditure, consult our dedicated article.
We strongly advise you not to consume alcohol: it is bad for liver health and for your performance. Instead, choose a non-alcoholic cocktail or a refreshing drink, limiting its consumption to once a week.
What dishes and desserts to cook during the hot seasons?
Summer is the perfect time to cook. Generally, the schedule is clearer and we have more energy. It's also an opportunity to test some new recipes before the start of the school year. Here are some protein recipes to enjoy while keeping an eye on your macros.
Ingredients for 6 balls:
- - 200g frozen raspberries
- - 40g native whey isolate @nutrimuscle raspberry flavor
- - 100g of skyr 0%
- - 1 lime + zest
- - 2 to 3 tbsp of water
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and mix everything until you obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture.
- Pour the sorbet into a dish and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- You can mix your sorbet every hour to prevent it from crystallizing too much.
- Enjoy immediately in a jar or cone!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- - 150g frozen raspberries
- - 100g frozen strawberries
- - 2.5g of Nutrimuscle maca
- - 1 tbsp agave syrup
- - The juice of a lemon
- - 140g of skyr 0%
- - 100ml of milk
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you obtain a smooth smoothie.
- 4 slices of salmon or smoked trout
- 3 tsp light cream cheese
- A few sprigs of dill
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- Arrange the smoked salmon slices on cling film.
- Spread the cream cheese, add the avocado slices, cucumber slices, and dill sprigs.
- Roll up into a sausage shape using cling film.
- Unroll and cut the salmon rolls.
- In a bowl, mix the cream of rice and whey.
- Gradually pour in the milk (cold or hot), mixing with a whisk.
- Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- 1 handful of lamb's lettuce
- 1 handful of rocket
- Some young shoots
- 150g cooked shrimp
- 1 tsp Nutrimuscle MCT powder
- 1 small pepper
- 1 lemon caviar
- 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper
- In a salad bowl, mix the lamb's lettuce, arugula and young shoots.
- Add the shrimp, peppers and avocado.
- Add the caviar lemon, lime, salt and pepper.
- Add Nutrimuscle MCT powder, mix and enjoy!