Take 2 scoops (about 1 g) or 3 to 7 capsules of Nutrimuscle Peptan collagen peptide (type-IIm) with a glass of room-temperature mineral water with one of your morning or evening meals.
Collagen is the protein that provides your joints, muscles, and tendons with stability, strength, and elasticity. It is also responsible for regenerating cartilage.
The collagen molecules in Nutrimuscle Peptan collagen peptide (type IIm) are hydrolysed (cut) to reduce the size of these proteins as much as possible, which facilitates their digestion and increase their regenerative effectiveness on tissues (tendons, joints, and skin).
In fact, unlike dietary collagen or gelatine, which are very poorly assimilated by the digestive system, collagen hydrolysates are more than 90% absorbed. Peptan® is therefore digested as is, without its peptides being broken down during digestion.
Collagen protects the joints from excessive wear (12).
Collagen acts as a stimulator of the molecular regeneration process. Joint inflammation can be contained by the presence of type II collagen. More than any other joint, the knee is very rich in type II collagen. Peptan type IIm is therefore the supplement of choice against knee cap issues.
For further details on the benefits of Nutrimuscle's Peptan collagen peptide (type IIm), visit the Find out more section.
Proteins contribute to the development and maintenance of muscle mass.
The collagen molecules of Nutrimuscle peptide collagen are hydrolyzed (cut) to reduce the size of these proteins as much as possible in order to facilitate their digestion and increase their regenerative efficiency for tissues (tendons, joints and skin).
Peptan®IIm Collagen Peptide powder:
- Peptan® type II bovine collagen peptides (collagen hydrolysate: type II).
Peptan®IIm Collagen Peptide capsules:
- Peptan® type II bovine collagen peptides (collagen hydrolysate: type II)
- Beef gelatin capsule.
Nutritional values per 100 g :
- protein : 70g
- Carbohydrates : 12g
- Fat: 1g
- Calories : 351 kcal
- BCAA : 6,8g
|100 g||1 capsule||1 g||3 capsules|
|Proteins||70 g||0,27 g||0,7 g||0,8 g|
|Carbohydrates||12 g||0,003 g||0,1 g||0,1 g|
|Fat||1 g||0,003 g||0,01 g||0,01 g|
|Calories||351 kcal||1,4 kcal||3,5 kcal||4,2 kcal|
|Energy||1490 kJ||5,93 kJ||14 kJ||17,8 kJ|
|Fibers||0 g||0 mg||0 g||0 mg|
|Calcium**||330 mg||1,3 mg||3,3 mg||3,9 mg|
|Sodium**||1570 mg||6,27 mg||15,7 mg||18,8 mg|
|Potassium**||220 mg||0,87 mg||2,2 mg||2,6 mg|
|Magnesium**||45 mg||0,17 mg||0,4 mg||0,5 mg|
** Minerals: Naturally contained
- 1 g (gram) = 1000 mg (milligram)
- 1 capsule contains 0.4 g of Collagen Peptide type IIm
- 3 capsules contain 1.2 g of Collagen Peptide type IIm
- 1 scoop contains 0.5 g of Collagen Peptide type IIm
Nutrimuscle Peptan type-IIm collagen peptide is for:
- Athletes who suffer from joint pain, especially in the knees
- Inactive people suffering from joint pain
Our blood naturally contains virtually zero hydroxyproline. This level does not increase after taking conventional protein. On the other hand, it jumps after we consume collagen hydrolysates (1).
It remains elevated for 4 to 6 hours before dropping back down, suggesting that it is better to take Nutrimuscle Peptan collagen peptide (type-IIm) both in the morning and in the evening rather than once a day, in order to provide your joint precursor needs throughout the day.
With a slightly distinctive taste, Nutrimuscle Peptan IIm collagen peptide can be added to your protein, or a fruit juice, to mask the flavour. It can also simply be taken as it is with a little water.
Unless mixed vigorously, Nutrimuscle Peptan IIm collagen peptide has a slight tendency to become lumpy and form a ball. This does not alter its effectiveness in any way. There's no point wasting time trying to dissolve it perfectly.
Take 1 to 3 g of Nutrimuscle Peptan IIm collagen peptide per day according to your needs. Take 1g as a precautionary measure if you don't suffer from joint pains. Increase the dosage to 3 g to 4 g daily at the slightest hint of pain.
Long-term treatment plans are not recommended
Peptan® type II does not act as a temporary painkiller to use when a sudden pain hits. It works slowly but deeply on the joint, facilitating regeneration. The latter can only happen gradually.
Nutrimuscle Peptan collagen peptide (type-IIm) is therefore not formulated to be used in the short term. On the contrary, it should be taken in the long term as part of a prolonged treatment, or even continuously, for as long as your weight training remains intensive.
Synergies between supplements
There is a joint synergy between glucosamine and Peptan type IIm, because glucosamine acts as a booster in the synthesis of type-II joint collagen (4). However, for maximum efficiency, high-quality raw materials must be used, which is not necessarily the case when the source or certificates of analysis are not displayed.
Adverse reactions between supplements
Nutrimuscle Peptan collagen peptide (type-IIm) is not to be taken at the same time as potassium bicarbonate in order to avoid bloating.
- (1) Iwai K. Identification of food-derived collagen peptides in human blood after oral ingestion of gelatin hydrolysates. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Aug 10;53(16):6531-6.
- (4) Igarashi M. Effect of glucosamine on expression of type II collagen, matrix metalloproteinase and sirtuin genes in a human chondrocyte cell line. Int J Mol Med. 2017 Feb;39(2):472-478.
Find out more
It's rare for consumers to have access to the names of the suppliers of the raw materials that go into the supplements they consume. However, this is essential to ensure product traceability.
At Nutrimuscle, we only use the very best collagen peptides, the quality of which is guaranteed by the world leader in gelatin and collagen hydrolysates: Dutch group ROUSSELOT, which is HACCP and ISO9001 certified. They have been specialised in this area since 1891.
The 2 types of Nutrimuscle Collagen (type I and type IIm) have been produced on the brand new French site in Angoulême since 2019!
What matters most to us is the quality of the raw materials, your health, and the results you achieve using our nutritional supplements.
Peptan® type-II matrix is a patented supplement, manufactured according to pharmaceutical standards. It is therefore not a copy, a generic product, or a counterfeit synthesised by an unknown entity.
The traceability of the raw materials used in the composition of Peptan® type-II matrix is 100%. All batches of Peptan® type-II matrix are tested to ensure that they are free from heavy metals and harmful bacteria.
The main advantage of Peptan type IIm is that it contains several beneficial molecules that specifically target the joints. In addition to type II collagen, it contains about 25% of glycosaminoglycans which will serve as raw materials for the other components of the articular cartilages.
These are mainly chondroitin sulfate (around 12%) which also strengthens the cartilage structure and hyaluronic acid which acts as a joint lubricant (8).
Peptan type IIm collagen can therefore be used, on its own, for the prevention of joint injuries if you do not suffer from any pathology. Peptan type I collagen contains the amino acids that make up the cartilages and tendons and will act more particularly on the tendons with a weaker action on the joints.
There is therefore a positive synergy between these 2 collagens to have a general and effective action both on the tendons and on the joints.
Collagen molecules represent about 30% of our protein reserves. Collagen constitutes a large part of the cells that make up our muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, fasciae, bones, intervertebral discs, intestines, skin. If the skin is excluded, collagen metabolism disorders lead directly to pain or even disabling pathologies for the athlete.
About 29 different types of collagen have been identified in humans. However, it is type I collagen that makes up 90% of this collagen. However, there is a lot of type II collagen in the cartilage, especially in the knees. This is why Peptan type IIm will mainly be of interest to athletes and more generally to people suffering from joint pain.
Just as we notice, over the years, that our skin becomes wrinkled, loses its flexibility and its hydration, the capacity of regeneration of our joints, tendons and ligaments decreases. This tissue aging is explained by a double mechanism:
- We gradually lose our ability to regenerate collagen.
- The rate of degradation of our collagen cells is accelerated due to increased activity of MMPs (Matrix MetalloProteinases, see here).
The practice of a physical activity amplifies this phenomenon of joint degradation. Indeed, the repetition of compressions and mechanical tensions of the joints causes the formation of inflammatory molecules (1-2-3).
For example, in athletes such as football or rugby players, the extent of damage to the articular cartilage doubles, or even triples, lastingly after training (4). Thus, the extent of catabolic phenomena gradually overwhelms the capacity for regeneration. Joints slowly lose their type II collagen, which opens the door to painful pathologies (5).
The collagen molecules that make up our muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, fascia and skin are constantly renewed. The enzymes responsible for eliminating the old collagen molecules are called matrix metalloproteinases (Matrix MetalloProteinases in English, hence the abbreviation which is also used in French: MMP).
These proteases are naturally involved in joint and tendon health. Everything is going well as long as their activity remains small. Unfortunately, following training, inflammation, pathology such as arthritis ..., the proteolytic activity of these MMPs easily escalates. Instead of participating normally in cell renewal, MMPs transform into destructors of tendons and joints.
At best, overactivity of MMPs delays recovery. At worst, it promotes pain such as tendonitis. We find the same mechanism of deterioration of the skin following sunburn. UV damages collagen cells by violently accelerating the activity of MMPs. The intake of collagen moderates this rise in MMP, which contributes to slowing down skin aging and the appearance of wrinkles (9-10).
Likewise, collagen reduces the cellulitic appearance of the skin by combating the thinning of density induced by skin cell degradation (11). By calming the excessive activity of MMPs, following training for example, collagen protects the joints from excessive degradation (12).
Fortunately, to some extent, we can jumpstart this collagen production while slowing its breakdown by regularly using Peptan supplementation. Indeed, collagen is not only used as a raw material for the joints, tendons or skin. It also acts as a stimulator of molecular regeneration processes (6).
Joint inflammation can also be contained by the presence of type II collagen (7). More than any other joint, the knee is very rich in type II collagen. Peptan type IIm is therefore the supplement of choice against kneecap problems.
Proteins contribute to the development and maintenance of muscle mass.
- (8) Squires GR. The pathobiology of focal lesion development in aging human articular cartilage and molecular matrix changes characteristic of osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2003 May; 48(5):1261-70.
- (9) Zague V. Collagen peptides modulate the metabolism of extracellular matrix by human dermal fibroblasts derived from sun‐protected and sun‐exposed body sites. Cell Biology International 2017 September
- (10) Zague V. Collagen Hydrolysate Intake Increases Skin Collagen Expression and Suppresses Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 Activity. Journal of Medicinal Food 2011 14(6): 618-624.
- (11) Schunck MJ. Dietary Supplementation with Specific Collagen Peptides Has a Body Mass Index-Dependent Beneficial Effect on Cellulite Morphology. Med Food. 2015 Dec;18(12):1340-8.
- (12) Liu Z. Collagen peptides promote photoaging skin cell repair by activating the TGF-β/Smad pathway and depressing collagen degradation. Food Funct. 2019 Sep 1;10(9):6121-6134.
Certificates and studies
- Collagen is in fashion almost 10 years late..
- Importance of collagen for the heart?
- The recovery of muscle collagen decreases with age
- Peptan reduces wrinkles and improves hair quality
- Peptan will directly nourish the skin
- What are the mechanisms of action of Peptan?
- What are the long-term health benefits of Peptan?
- Bone broth or Peptan against wounds?
- Synergie Peptan - vitamine C sur la synthèse du collagène ?
- Collagen accelerates post-exercise recovery
- Peptan for faster recovery after exercise ?
- Serine and glycine for muscle regeneration
- What is the link between glycine metabolism and diabetes?
- effectiveness of collagen against wrinkles?
- effect of collagen on intestinal health?
- how does articular cartilage self-destruct with age?
- changes in tendon collagen with training
- collagen against skin ageing?
- collagen improves skin texture and elasticity
- collagen for skin hydration and elasticity?
- hydroxyproline provides the benefits of collagen
- eccentric training influences muscle collagen
- role of collagen fibers for the arteries?
- collagen's effectiveness in reducing bone loss?
- anti-inflammatory and health action of hydroxyproline
- more deep wrinkles = more cardiovascular mortality?
- collagen for skin + joint elasticity collagen+ glucosamine+ carnitine for the skin?
- collagen integrity as an indicator of joint health effectiveness of joint supplements against pain?
- which supplements for sports recovery?
- muscle building destroys more and more collagen with age
- roles of glycine, proline and hydroxyproline muscle strengthens by gaining collagen
- effect of collagen on skin aging?
- peptan reduces joint pain health
- importance of collagen collagen to reduce pain in athletes
- collagen boosts nail growth and strength joint
- benefits of peptandoes collagen reduce pain in athletes?
- peptan is good for the bones
- weight training strengthens the muscle by aggregating collagen
- collagen - vitamin c synergy to prevent injuries
- collagen is essential for bone strength
- weight training increases the need for collagen how does collagen fight wrinkles?
- which nutrients against tendonitis?
- teens have increased collagen needs
- peptan fights wrinkles and dry skin
- avoid sagging skin after dieting
- weight training stimulates collagen synthesis
- the use of food supplements is beneficial to health
- collagen hydrolysates directly influence the skincollagen
- hydrolysates help athletes recover joint
- pathologies are associated with a loss of collagen
- 10 g of collagen per day, effective for the joints
- peptan promotes skin hydration
- peptan acts as an anti-inflammatory
- peptan promotes bone strengthening
- daily variations in the thickness of knee cartilage
- collagen hydrolysates are more effective than collagen
- softening of joint collagen precedes pain all about mr olympia 2009 (+photos and video)