Dilute 40 g (3 scoops or or 9 teaspoons) in room-temperature mineral water.
What is Peptopro® Casein Hydrolyzate?
Nutrimuscle Peptopro® Fresh is a casein hydrolysate, which is no longer a protein that needs to be digested, but a source of anabolic di- and tri-peptides that requires no effort for assimilation, making it the most anabolic and fastest assimilating natural supplement for the body.
What are the benefits of Nutrimuscle's Peptopro® Casein Hydrolyzate?
Muscle gain and speed of assimilation
PeptoPro® is today the most anabolic natural supplement ever developed because of its speed of assimilation. It is also more effective for muscle development than the best conventional proteins.
Regulation of cardiac activity
Among the amino acids that make up Peptopro®, certain chains have a heart-healthy effect by improving blood circulation, making it easier for the heart to work.
Another unique feature of Peptopro® is the ability of its peptides to strengthen the defences of the gastrointestinal mucosa against ulcers.
For further details on the benefits of Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh, visit the Find out more section.
Proteins contribute to the development and maintenance of muscle mass.
Nutrimuscle's Peptopro® Casein Hydrolyzate
Molecular weight (expressed in dalton) indicates the size of the molecules that make up a protein. The higher its molecular weight, the more the amino acids that form it are aggregated together. In order to be assimilated, this protein will have to be cut into smaller pieces by the digestive system. The more laborious this cutting, the more amino acids will be wasted which, as a result, will be destroyed without having been used. A normal milk protein has a molecular weight of 15,000 daltons.
In PeptoPro®, almost 70% of the amino acids are 500 daltons. That is, compared to a classic protein, Peptopro Fresh Nutrimuscle is already 30 times smaller. Two thirds of it is therefore composed of di- and tripeptides and no longer of protein chains. This predigestion guarantees perfect assimilation and a unique speed of digestion (11).
Ingredients of Nutrimuscle Peptopro® Casein Hydrolyzate
- Lactose-free, non-instant casein hydrolysate (soy-lecithin-free).
Nutritional values of Nutrimuscle Peptopro® Casein Hydrolyzate
Nutritional values per 100 g :
- Protein : 80,5g
- Carbohydrates : 0,5g
- Fat : 1,5g
- Calories : 338g
- BCAA : 16,4g
3 scoops contain 25 g of Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh.
Nutritional composition of Nutrimuscle Peptopro® Casein Hydrolyzate
|100 g||25 g|
|Proteins||80,5 g||20,1 g|
|Carbohydrates||0,5 g||0,1 g|
|Fats||1,5 g||0,4 g|
|Calories||338 kcal||84,4 kcal|
|Energy||1411 kJ||352,7 kJ|
Who is Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh for?
Peptopro Fresh is for:
- Athletes, for rapid protein absorption and an increase in muscle mass
When should I take Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh?
Peptopro Fresh and blood amino acids
A few minutes after consuming Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh, your blood amino acid levels begin to rise rapidly.
Less than 30 minutes after taking Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh, blood amino acid levels jump by almost 2.5 times their original level (3). Compared to non-hydrolysed casein, Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh is 1.5 times more effective in raising blood amino acid levels:
- The rise remains at its maximum for another 30 minutes.
- One hour after consumption, the amino acid level begins to drop.
- The amino acid level returns to normal after approximately 2 hours.
Compared to a conventional casein, which is essentially anti-catabolic, Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh is 33% more anabolic for the muscles (4). The hydrolysis of casein gives it properties close to those of whey, while eliminating the anti-catabolic properties of casein.
Peptopro Fresh and insulin secretion
Insulin secretion increases very rapidly after taking Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh (5). The rise is as fast as it is with whey. However, Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh is about 15% more effective than whey isolate in boosting insulin levels.
The maximum increase is reached in 30 minutes, with a 5-fold increase in blood insulin level compared to the fasting value. Compared to non-hydrolysed casein, Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh is twice as effective as an insulin booster. This sharp increase is followed by a rapid decline. It will still take almost two hours for the insulin level in your blood to return to the level it was at before you took Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh.
Taking Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh during a training session
Before training: taking 10 to 25 g of Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh one hour before a workout prepares the muscles for exercise by immediately providing them with anabolic peptides and energy.
During training: take 10 to 25 g of Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh during exercise or training. Medical research has shown that drinking Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh every 15 minutes during exercise increases muscle anabolism by 49% (1). In addition, taking Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh increases physical performance by more than 22% (2).
After training: the use of Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh after exercise increases anabolism and decreases catabolism, reducing the appearance of aches and pains by 36% (3). This results in a simultaneous muscle strength recovery speed acceleration of 36% (3).
How do I take Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh?
You'll need to get your intestines used to the hydrolysates first. As with all supplements, especially Peptopro®, you should start slowly (a few grams) and gradually increase (always by a few grams) if all is well. We recommend starting at 3 or 5 g and increasing by 3 g per dose to attain 10 to 25 g per dose.
Hydrolysates do not behave like non-predigested proteins in the gut. They tend to slow down colonic motility, the speed at which food passes through the intestines. Hydrolysates produce the opposite effect. The greater the degree of hydrolysis, the faster this speed increases (10). In other words, if you take too much Peptopro® too quickly, you'll soon end up on the toilet. This is a normal reaction to peptides.
How do I prepare and consume Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh?
Gas generated by the consumption of protein powder do not come from the protein itself. It mainly comes from the temperature of the liquid in which it is diluted. Cold liquid, which is often too cold, consumed several times a day in high quantities (1.5 to 2 litres) creates a thermal shock in the digestive system, causing bloating, gas, or even a case of the runs if you're very sensitive.
At Nutrimuscle, we recommend consuming our protein products in a room-temperature liquid. If you can, prep your protein in a bottle in the morning and consume it during the day. This way, you have a smooth, even mixture, because the bubbles have evaporated. So, say goodbye to burps! What's more, the ambient temperature of the contents will not disturb your digestion, so gas is also a thing of the past.
Mixing with other Nutrimuscle products
Synergies between supplements
Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh improves the assimilation of carnitine and creatine.
Adverse reactions between supplements
To avoid bloating, Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh is not to be taken at the same time as potassium bicarbonate.
- (1) Beelen M. Protein coingestion stimulates muscle protein synthesis during resistance-type exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295: E70-E77, 2008.
- (2) Moore RW. Improved Time To Exhaustion With Carbohydrate-Protein Hydrolysate Beverage Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise:Volume 39(5) Supplement May 2007p S89-S90.
- (3) Saunders MJ. Changes in Post-Exercise Force Production and Soreness Related to Protein Hydrolysate Concentration of Sports Beverages. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise:Volume 39(5) Supplement May 2007p S363.
Find out more
Purity of raw materials guaranteed
It's rare for consumers to have access to the names of the suppliers of the raw materials that go into the supplements they consume. However, this is essential to ensuring product traceability. At Nutrimuscle, we only use the very best protein, the quality of which is guaranteed by global leaders: DSM produces Nutrimuscle's Peptopro Fresh at its HACCP- and ISO9001-certified factory in the Netherlands. What matters most to us is the quality of the raw materials, your health, and the results you achieve using our nutritional supplements.
Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh is indeed a very fresh product. After hydrolysis, Peptopro® undergoes a rest period of approximately one month before the first analyses of the raw material are performed to verify the hydrolysis rate. This is followed by a second rest period before PeptoPro® leaves the factory. Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh is made from batches that leave the factory as soon as the raw material can be released by the producer.
No chemical or genetic modifications
A simple chemical process (known as ‘instantisation') makes it possible to transform poor quality, completely insoluble proteins into proteins that dissolve in water. At Nutrimuscle, we prefer to use high-quality proteins and avoid chemical processes.
Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh is 'non-instant'. Therefore, it does not contain transgenic soy (GMO) and has not been treated with ionising radiation. Aspartame-free, soy-lecithin-free (GMO), aroma-free, and with a slightly bitter natural taste. Nutrimuscle Peptopro Fresh can be consumed as is or sweetened with Nutrimuscle sucralose, caster sugar, or dextrose etc. It can also be flavoured by adding cocoa, coffee, syrup, or you can add it to your protein shake.
How to differentiate hydrosols?
When looking for a protein hydrolyzate, you would expect to pay more, if not much more, than conventional proteins. It is not uncommon to have to spend 50-100% more for the same amount, as you are expected to receive very high quality protein. Indeed, the consumer assumes that a hydrolyzate necessarily contains 100% hydrolyzate, that is to say 100% of amino acids or predigested peptides and therefore 0% of proteins.
This belief is completely wrong. In fact, no hydrolyzate is 100% hydrolyzed. If it was, it would give off a strong smell of vomit, and its taste would be even stronger than vomit. It would therefore be unsaleable.
What makes the difference between the different hydrolysates is their degree of hydrolysis, that is to say their level of breakdown into amino acids and peptides. The leading producer in the market manufactures whey hydrolyzate with a degree of hydrolysis which is only 5-7%. Often the degree of hydrolysis is only a few percent. Here we are clearly playing on the ignorance of the consumer, who will pay more for a protein that is slightly more sophisticated than basic proteins.
Nutrimuscle has nothing to hide and does not seek to deceive its customers by suggesting that PeptoPro® is 100% hydrolyzed. The degree of hydrolysis of PeptoPro® is approximately 27%. PeptoPro® therefore has a degree of hydrolysis which is 4 to 5 times greater than that of its main competitor: whey hydrolyzate.
Scientific research has clearly shown that free amino acids are not as well digested and as anabolic as di- and tripeptides (11). Peptopro Nutrimuscle therefore has the most effective form of amino acids for anabolism (12), with a pH of 4-5.
Benefits of Peptopro Fresh in more detail
Muscle gain and speed of assimilation
Peptopro Fresh Nutrimuscle is a casein hydrolyzate, i.e. no longer a protein that must be digested, but a source of anabolic di and tri peptides that does not require any assimilation effort (11).
These ease and speed of digestion give Peptopro Fresh Nutrimuscle two unequaled advantages:
- PeptoPro® is today the most anabolic natural supplement ever developed due to its speed of assimilation. PeptoPro® is 26% more effective at building muscle than the best conventional proteins (12).
- No digestive effort is required, there is no longer a limit on the amount of protein that the digestive system can assimilate. The digestive barrier was previously a factor reducing the ability to gain muscle.
The disappearance of this restriction explains the significant muscle gains, which occur thanks to the introduction of Peptopro Fresh Nutrimuscle in the diet. It is very important to understand that the anabolic action of Peptopro Fresh Nutrimuscle is added to that of other sources of protein (13-14). This is not the case with amino acids or proteins whose effect replaces that of other supplements.
Regulation of cardiac activity
Among the amino acids that make up Peptopro®, some chains are unique. They have a healthy action for the heart by improving blood circulation, which facilitates the work of the heart (1). In the long term, this beneficial activity for the heart becomes a factor of longevity, especially in athletes who require a lot of effort from the cardiovascular system during their workouts. But in the short term, how can this property be of benefit on a daily basis during intense physical activity?
The heart is a muscle, not quite like the others. However, during prolonged efforts, it will tire and lose performance. In an athlete, cardiovascular fatigue will quickly result in autoasphyxia. The waste produced by muscle contractions will no longer be eliminated as quickly, and the oxygen supply to the muscles will become less efficient. So when the heart tires, it is the athlete who is getting exhausted.
More than any other protein, Peptopro® is able to maintain the intensity of exertion during a workout, whether for a strength sport or an endurance sport. Indeed, it is likely that the cardiovascular benefits of Peptopro® will make the difference for the athlete compared to conventional carbohydrates and proteins, as illustrated by the following scientific studies.
Another unique feature of Peptopro® is the ability of its peptides to strengthen the defenses of the gastrointestinal mucosa, which gives it anti-ulcerative activity (9). We are therefore a long way from the famous holes that milk protein could make in the stomach, if we are to believe the rumors on the internet.
Proteins contribute to the development and maintenance of muscle mass.
Peptopro, Carbohydrates and Proteins
Peptopro® + carbohydrates versus carbohydrates alone?
During a 4 to 5 hour event, trained cyclists received either carbohydrates only or carbohydrates + Peptopro® (2). Taking Peptopro® halved the extent of heart dysfunction that inevitably occurs with fatigue during such ordeals. In addition, muscle catabolism and inflammation were also reduced by PeptoPro® which allowed riders to recover faster between races (2).
In a second study, similar to the first, Peptopro® makes an even greater difference at the end of the course when you have to give your all in order to pass the final line first (3). This same study, as well as several others, also confirms that, despite the increase in performance by taking Peptopro® during exercise, the aches were less than with the simple intake of carbohydrates (4-5-6) .
Peptopro® + carbohydrates versus whey + carbohydrates?
During a 2-hour event, trained cyclists received either 30 g of Peptopro® or 30 g of whey hydrolysates in addition to 126 g of carbohydrate (7). A final placebo group received only water. Compared to whey hydrolysates, Peptopro® halved the extent of cardiac dysfunction that invariably occurs with fatigue during such ordeals; it increased fat oxidation, which helped save carbohydrates. This change in metabolism by Peptopro® was much more conducive to endurance than that induced by whey hydrolysates. A second study compares the protective action of Peptopro® on cardiac activity compared to that which whey could potentially have (8).
- (1) Hirota T . Casein hydrolysate containing the antihypertensive tripeptides Val-Pro-Pro and Ile-Pro-Pro improves vascular endothelial function independent of blood pressure-lowering effects: contribution of the inhibitory action of angiotensin-converting enzyme. Hypertens Res. 2007 Jun;30(6):489-96.
- (2) Oosthuyse T. Effect of ingesting carbohydrate only or carbohydrate plus casein protein hydrolysate during a multiday cycling race on left ventricular function, plasma volume expansion and cardiac biomarkers. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2019 Mar;119(3):697-711.
- (3) Saunders MJ. Carbohydrate and Protein Hydrolysate Coingestion’s Improvement of Late-Exercise Time-Trial Performance. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism 2009 19(2):136-149
- (4) Cepero M. Effects of carbohydrate and a carbohydrate and casein protein beverages on recovery and performance of endurance cycling capacity. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise online 2009 4(2)
- (5) Cepero M. Influence of ingesting casein protein and whey protein carbohydrate beverages on recovery and performance of an endurance cycling test. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise online 2010 5(2)
- (6) Bosch AN. Post-exercise ingestion of a carbohydrate and casein hydrolysate supplement reduces perceived muscle soreness but not fatigue in Sevens Rugby Players. South African Journal of Sports Medicine 2015 27(4)
- (7) Oosthuyse T. Whey or Casein Hydrolysate with Carbohydrate for Metabolism and Performance in Cycling. Int J Sports Med. 2015 Jul;36(8):636-46.
- (8) Oosthuyse T. Comparison of energy supplements during prolonged exercise for maintenance of cardiac function: carbohydrate only versus carbohydrate plus whey or casein hydrolysate. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2016 Jun;41(6):674-83.
- (9) Carrillo W. Antiulcerative Activity of Milk Proteins Hydrolysates. J Med Food. 2018 Apr;21(4):408-415.
- (10) Julie E. Dalziel Influence of Bovine Whey Protein Concentrate and Hydrolysate Preparation Methods on Motility in the Isolated Rat Distal Colon. Nutrients. 2016 Dec; 8(12): 809.
- (11) Gabriella A.M. Absorption Kinetics of Amino Acids, Peptides, and Intact Proteins. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. 2007 17(Supplement), August : S-23.
- (12) Koopman R. Role of Amino Acids and Peptides in the Molecular Signaling in Skeletal Muscle After Resistance Exercise. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. 2007 17(Supplement), August : S47.
- (13) Tang JE. Ingestion of whey hydrolysate, casein, or soy protein isolate: effects on mixed muscle protein synthesis at rest and following resistance exercise in young men. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2009 Sep;107(3):987-92.
- (14) Koopman R. Ingestion of a protein hydrolysate is accompanied by an accelerated in vivo digestion and absorption rate when compared with its intact protein. Am J Clin Nutr July 2009 vol. 90 no. 1 106-115
- (15) Pennings B. Whey protein stimulates postprandial muscle protein accretion more effectively than do casein and casein hydrolysate in older men. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 May;93(5):997-1005
Certificates and studies
- Is peptopro more beneficial than whey during training?
Peptopro as fat gain and diabetes?
What are the health and anti-fat benefits of peptopro?
What are the benefits of peptopro against stomach problems?
The insulinogenic peptides in peptopro
What are the differences between casein and peptopro on blood sugar?
What are the benefits of peptopro for endurance?
Are irradiated foods good for you?
Amino acids help older gym-goers
The use of food supplements is beneficial to health
Link between acne and anabolism
Melamine in protein powder again
Protein and ageing.
More animal protein = more muscle
Protein optimises igf-1 production
Studies on the effect of protein in the diet
27 g of peptopro before going to bed builds muscle
Science shows that a snack before bed is positive
75 g of protein gives more muscle than 30 g
The more protein you eat, the stronger you are
Protein speeds up the metabolism
Breakfast should be rich in protein
How do non-foaming proteins make you gain fat?
Properly foamed proteins help reduce appetite
Casein hydrolysate more anabolic than whey hydrolysate
Peptopro is assimilated 2 times faster than whey
Protein hydrolysates repair muscles
Amino acids + creatine + caffeine = + performance
Amino acids and muscle gain
Amino acids increase post-exercise anabolism
Casein hydrolysate = more muscle anabolism
Optimising creatine retention with hydrolysates
Peptopro increases endurance and reduces catabolism
Protein during training reduces catabolism
Peptopro improves performance and reduces catabolism
Bioactive elements of casein hydrolysates
How to reduce the bitter taste of hydrolysates?