Take 1 capsule per day.
Nutrimuscle has chosen fucus which is a seaweed rich in iodine. This form provides you with an excellent supply of iodine from a natural plant source and also allows total assimilation by the body. The extract of fucus rich in iodine provides a combined action of alginic acid and iodine.
Iodine is an essential trace element for the proper functioning of our body. In fact, iodine contributes to the production of thyroid hormones which have a regulatory role in metabolism. They are also important for ensuring cell production, the proper functioning of muscles and the nervous system. It is important to provide our body with iodine through food or supplementation because the body cannot store it.
Fight against iodine deficiency
The daily iodine requirement is of the order of 150 micrograms, but for the athlete practicing bodybuilding, the requirements rise to 300 micrograms per day. This is due to the elimination of minerals through sweating experienced during intense training. (1-2). People on a restrictive diet may also have iodine deficiency.
Contributes to the proper functioning of the body
Iodine helps ensure proper functioning:
- Energy metabolism. Iodine plays an important role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Wrack also plays a role in the proper functioning of energy metabolism.
- From the nervous system. Iodine plays a role in particular in the proper development of cognitive functions (memory, concentration, etc.)
- Thyroid. Iodine plays an important role in the production of thyroid hormones. (3)
- Intestinal transit. The alginic acid in wrack has beneficial effects on the digestive system.
Appetite suppressant effect
Alginic acid is known to have an appetite suppressant effect by increasing feelings of fullness. Its use is therefore relevant as part of a low calorie diet.
We chose the iodine from the producer Naturex for its form derived from the wrack which provides a stronger assimilation power.
Marine iodine in capsules:
- Prebiotics (Inulin Frutafit HD)
- Fucus Vesiculosus (rich in iodine)
- Vegan capsule (Pullulan Embo Caps® VP)
Nutritional values per 100 g:
- Protein 0 g
- Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 0 g
- Calories 0 kcal
1 capsule = 150 mg of Fucus vesiculosus containing 150 ug of iodine for (100% RDA)
In order not to compromise the effectiveness of its capsule supplements, Nutrimuscle uses transparent vegetarian capsules made of pharmaceutical grade pullulan and without coloring.
More information on our page relating to our quality charter.
Nutrimuscle iodine is for:
- to athletes to preserve their health and improve their performance.
- sedentary people who need to improve their iodine intake or benefit from the appetite suppressant effects of fucus.
We recommend that you take Nutrimuscle iodine with your meal. Or 1 hour before a meal to benefit from the appetite suppressant effect of the alginic acid in fucus.
We recommend that you take Nutrimuscle iodine with warm water.
- DeRuisseau K.C., et al. Sweat iron and zinc losses during prolonged exercice. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2002 Dec ; 12 (4) :428-37.
- Klesges R.C., et al. Changes in bone mineral content in male athletes : mechanisms of action and intervention. JAMA. 1996 Jul 17 ; 276(3) :226-30
- Han JH, Qiu L. [Application of iodine metabolism analysis methods in thyroid diseases]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2013 Aug;35(4):369-72. Chinese. doi: 10.3881/j.issn.1000-503X.2013.04.002. PMID: 23987480.
Find out more
As consumers of our products, we favor traceability and transparency for our producers and our supplements.
At Nutrimuscle, we only use very high-end plants whose quality is guaranteed by world leaders: the French group Naturex produces the extract of fucus rich in iodine Nutrimuscle.
Satiety effect and digestive health
As explained above, wrack leaves a feeling of fullness, which is useful during a low-calorie diet. In addition, the high fiber content of wrack improves digestive health and helps with weight loss. In addition, the high iodine content of fucus helps reduce gastric acidity and therefore heartburn. Iodine also has a great fat-burning effect and may help with constipation.
Fight against fatigue
Wrack is used to fight against the loss of energy, during the winter season for example. The complex carbohydrates (polysaccharides) in wrack have an activating function of the immune system, allowing the body to better defend itself against infections.