To take advantage of your benefits, log in!
your basket is empty
ConcernsJoints Brain Heart Digestion Immune defenses Sexuality Weightloss Nerve recovery Sleep Stress
Our bestsellersBCAA 4.1.1 Manufacturers Créatine (Creapure®) Whey Native Isolate WheyNative ZMB Pidolates ZMP
Butter & oilsGhee butter Organic Whole Almond Butter Organic Whole Peanut Butter Krill oil Organic coconut oil
SpreadOrganic chocolate hazelnut
How to choose your omega 3?
The guide to essential vitamins
All about vitamin C
Improved sexual performance
Well-being of the heart
Aid in digestion
Payment in 3 installments without fees
Splitting the cost of your basket into 3 payments, nothing could be simpler with Alma! Available from 50 euros
Livraison estimée le 01/10
We guarantee fast delivery
in less than 5 days, at your home or in
Free product from 95€ purchase
We offer you a product from 95€ of purchases and you can accumulate loyalty points
Get 99 points on this product with the loyalty program. How to take advantage of it?
Citicolic (cdp-choline) in powder
Focus sur le produit
Bon à savoir
citicolic is a non-stimulating booster.
What the product does
What the product does
Citicolic benefits for athletes?
The final objective of citicolic supplementation is not only to provide the body with choline which is essential for your health.
part of this choline will serve as a pioneer for phosphatidylcholine, a lipid Who makes up the membrane of our cells.
Another part serves as a precursor to acetylcholine, a very important neurotransmitter for muscles and the brain.
in our muscles, it's the 'Acetylcholine who commands the contraction force. During a training, acetylcholine reserves are exhausted, which explains that the muscles are gradually losing strength. It is fatigue!
citicolic is all the more effective since studies highlight its good ability to reach the nervous system, where it will serve as a raw material for neurotransmitters. Thus, the capacity of citicolic to restore acetylcholine levels is extremely good (7).
in this context, citicolic supplementation will have a double objective:
Increase strength and endurance during training.
Accelerate the resynthesis of acetylcholine destroyed by the effort as well as the repair of the damage caused on the myelin sheaths in order to accelerate the nervous recovery between two sessions (8 - 9).
benefits of citicolin For brain performance:
In our brain, acetylcholine also increases brain performance. Thus, seniors with a higher choline intake than the average benefit from greater brain performance.
on the contrary, seniors with the least blood in the blood are also those who suffer from the most brain performance Basses.
Studies show that the use of citicolic in adults increases attention as well as the speed of analysis (10 - 11 - 12)
The advantage of these two types of boosters is that they can very well be combined since their action mechanisms are completely different from each other.
This is typically the case with green caffeine Bio booster and citicolic.
No negative interaction known with other supplements
(1) WIGNAL ND. Citicolic in addictive disorders: a review of the literature. Am. J. Drug Alcohol Abuse (2014) 40, 262–268.
(2) Saver JL. Citicolic: Update On Promising and Widely Available Agent for Neuroprotection and Neurorepair. Rev. Neurol. Say. (2008) 5, 167–177.
(3) Secades J. Citicolic: Pharmacological and Clinical Review, 2006 Update Methods Find. Exp. Clin. Pharmacol. (2006) 28, 1–56.
(4) Coirault R. UTP in therapy. Medical press 1960 68: 1169.
(5) Synoradzki K. Citicolic: A Superior Form of Choline? Nutrients. 2019 Jul; 11 (7): 1569.
(6) Sarkar AK. A RAPID LC-ESI-MS/MS METHOD FOR THE QUANTITATION OF CHOLINE, AN ACTIVE METABOLITE OF CITICOLINE: Application to in vivo pharmacokinetic and bioequivalence Study in Indian Healthy Male Volunteers. J pharm biomed anal. 2012 DEC; 71: 144-7.
(7) by Orlando KJ. Citicolic (CDP-Choline): Mechanis of Action and Effects in Ischemic Brain Injury. Neurol. Res. (1995) 17, 281–284.
(8) Skripletz T. Pivotal Role of Choline Metabolites in Remylination. Brain. 2015 Feb; 138 (Pt 2): 398-413.
(9) Kaplan T. Investigation of the Dose-Dependency of Citicolic Effects On Nerve Regeneration and Functional Recovery in a Rat Model of Sciatic Nerve Injury. Turk Neurosurg. 2014; 24 (1): 54-62.
(10) McGlade E. The Effect of Citicolic Supplementation On Motor Speed ??and Attention in Adolescent Males. I attent say. 2019 Jan; 23 (2): 121-134.
(11) Knott V. Effects of Acute CDP-Choline Treatment On Resting State Brain Oscilations in Healthy Volunteers. Neurosci lett. 2015 Mar 30; 591: 121-5.
(12) Bruce se. Improvements in quantitative EEG following consumption of a natural citicolic-enhanced beverage. Int j food sci nutr. 2012 Jun; 63 (4): 421-5.
(13) Grieb P. Neuroprotective Properties of Citicolic: Facts, Doubts and Unresolved from. CNS Drugs. 2014; 28 (3): 185–193.
(14) Lanza M. Morphological and Functional Evaluation of Oral Citicolic Therapy in Chronic Open-Angle Glaucoma Patients: A Pilot Study With A 2-Year Follow-Up. Pharmacol Front. 2019 Sep 26; 10: 1117.
(15) Alvarez XA. Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study with citicolic in apoe genotyped Alzheimer's Disease patients. Effects on Cognitive Performance, Brain Bioelectrical Activity and Cerebral Perfusion. Methods Find Exc Clumacol (1999) 21: 633–644.
(16) IULIA C. Citicolic - A Neuroprotector with Proven Effects on Glaucomatou Disease. Rom J Ophthalmol. 2017 Jul-sep; 61 (3): 152-158.
(17) Nemkova SA. [Current Treatment Options for Autonomic, Cognitive and Emotional Disorders in Patients with Asthenic Syndrome Treated With Recognan (citicolic)]. Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr IM S Korsakova. 2019; 119 (7): 27-34
Once in the blood, citicolic is hydrolyzed (cut in half), becoming on the one hand of choline and on the other hand of Cytidine (1 - 2 - 3).
The Cytidine turns into uridine. Uridine’s objective is to increase UTP level in the muscles. Although little known, the UTP acts as a source of energy for muscle contraction as does its much better known "colleague": ATP (adenosine triphosphate).
the elevation of UTP Immediately increases muscle strength and endurance and greatly delays fatigue. It was a very popular supplement in the 1960s to 80s, which has since been neglected despite its great efficiency (4). Thanks to citicolic, it becomes again possible to take it for a very moderate cost.
A high level of TMA in the blood is correlated with an increase in the risk of cardiovascular diseases without really knowing if it is because of a high level of TMA that the risk of cardiovascular disease increases or if TMA level is high due to cardiovascular disease. It is just a statistical correlation which cannot be explained very well since the fact of regularly eating fish raises the rate of TMA much more than any supplementation while reducing the risks of cardiovascular diseases. > Anyway, all the choline that turns into TMA is lost. This transformation should therefore be minimized in order to increase the effectiveness of its supplementation in choline. However, of all forms of choline, citicolic is the least likely to increase TMA levels. It is therefore thanks to citicolic supplementation that we will increase your level of choline as effectively as possible (5). In addition, studies have shown that its oral assimilation rate exceeds 90% in humans (6).
to people over forty in general:
The best known of stimulating boosters is caffeine. The latter acts quickly to increase strength and endurance. It will operate very generally on the whole body. In overdoses, these boosters will increase the heart rate, cause nervousness and prevent sleeping.
apart from sport, caffeine is most often used to avoid sleeping when you don't want to sleep. This stimulating effect gradually fades in a few hours. You have to resume booster to regain its stimulating action.
a non -stimulating booster acts a little less quickly in time (a few hours or even a few dozen minutes).
per Against, the effect is durable in time without resuming the booster every day. It also increases strength and endurance, but without causing effect on the heart, mood or sleep.
taken in the evening, it will not prevent sleeping. It acts not only during physical effort to delay the appearance of fatigue, but also after training in order to accelerate physical recovery, background action that stimulating boosters do not have.
These Two forms of boosters each have their advantages and disadvantages. To train very early in the morning, when we doze a little, caffeine is ideal. But, if you train late at night, taking caffeine can accentuate the sleep disturbance that occurs because of a late physical effort.
of course, this differentiation is very theoretical . In practice, the border between the two types of boosters is not as frank and marked. However, supplements like the Natural Bio Booster and the Green Caffeine Bio Booster clearly belong to the class of stimulating boosters. On the contrary, creatine is a non-stimulating booster.
citicolic rather belongs, too, to the class of non-stimulating boosters
Admittedly, citicolic is a more expensive form of choline, but it has several advantages on simple choline. Unlike the latter, citicolic choline is not released into the intestine which prevents the transformation of choline molecules into TMA (Triméthylamine).
En tant que consommateur de nos produits, nous privilégions la traçabilité et la transparence pour nos producteurs et nos compléments.
Chez Nutrimuscle, nous n'utilisons que des matières de haut de gamme dont la qualité est garantie par le fournisseur Kyowa, un producteur japonais proposant des ingrédient de marque ayant fait l'objet de recherches approfondies. Notre Citicoline Cognizin® est fabriqué au japon selon un procédé de fermentation breveté.