Everything you need to know about organic cereals
Why are carbohydrates important in sports nutrition?
Carbohydrates are an essential source of energy for athletes and active people. Carbohydrates are converted into glucose, which is used to fuel muscles during exercise. Carbohydrates are also stored as glycogen in the muscles and liver for later use.
Athletes need carbohydrates to maintain their energy levels during exercise and to improve their performance. Studies have shown that athletes who consume enough carbohydrates have better endurance and faster recovery after exercise. Carbohydrates can also help prevent muscle fatigue and maintain muscle strength.
Cereals are an important source of carbohydrates in sports nutrition. Grains such as rice, wheat, corn and oats are rich in complex carbohydrates. These types of carbohydrates are absorbed more slowly by the body, providing lasting energy for long-duration athletic activities. Grains are also rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, making them a healthy choice for athletes. Cereals can be consumed in different forms, including as breakfast cereals, as an accompaniment to main dishes, as energy bars, as snacks or as smoothies.
The glycemic index (GI) corresponds to the classification of foods containing carbohydrates according to their influence on glucose levels. It is important to know in sports nutrition since it determines the influence of carbohydrate consumption on blood glucose levels. The increase in glucose levels results in the release of insulin. When the glycemic index is low, the speed of glucose assimilation in the body is slow and progressive. Conversely, if the glycemic index is high the level will increase quickly but will also decrease very quickly.
Carbohydrates are stored as glycogen in muscles and the liver. This stock corresponds to our available energy reserve. This is why the glycogen level is important depending on the intensity and duration of the physical activity planned. If your exercise is prolonged and requires a lot of energy, your glycogen stock must be sufficient to avoid exhaustion and rapid fatigue.
A high-carbohydrate diet makes it possible to cope with intense and prolonged exercise, and at the same time, helps to improve physical performance. For endurance sports such as cycling or running, glycogen reserves must be constituted by a substantial intake. For medium-intensity efforts, however (basketball, football, rugby), reserves degrade more slowly and carbohydrate intake will not be as substantial.
Which carbohydrates to choose?
In the morning your glycogen stock needs to be replenished in order to give you a boost of energy and start the day off right. A more or less important snack is therefore necessary, depending on your sports program.
Therefore, we recommend:
• Organic oat flakes, thanks to their richness in fiber, constitute a source of carbohydrates with a low glycemic index. The benefits of these cereals diffuse slowly throughout the body throughout the day. It is the ideal food to prepare for physical effort thanks to its energy supply and its appetite suppressant effect.
• Sweet potato powder also provides prolonged energy, ideally taken in the morning with 30 to 50 g of Whey to provide your muscles with energy and strength.
• Raw carbohydrate bars are a quick source of energy that fits into any moment of the day.
If you have training or a competition, a high carbohydrate intake of 70%, 3 to 4 hours before is recommended. To remedy this, there are food supplements that help you achieve high carbohydrate levels quickly.
Therefore, we recommend:
• Maltodextrin constitutes a source of carbohydrates with a high glycemic index. Very digestible and quickly assimilated, it provides a significant and immediate boost of energy. It can be taken at any time of the day. Before, during and after exercise.
• Dextrose is a source of carbohydrates with a high glycemic index (100). It constitutes a very rapid and effective supply of muscular energy and provides a boost for the physical performance of the day.
After burning energy and calories, your carbohydrate reserve must be renewed in order to optimize recovery, a key step in sports performance. A post-workout carbohydrate ration is then necessary.
• Cluster Dextrin is a type of ultra-rapidly absorbed carbohydrate that can be taken before, during and after training depending on the physical activity performed. Its contribution provides continuous energy throughout the exercise.
• Organic peanut or almond butter is a healthy and delicious snack that provides energy.
• Raw carbohydrate bars are a convenient and healthy solution to fuel up for training.
- 15% sur tous les compléments alimentaires avec le code :
Free deliveryfrom 50€ purchase
Product offeredfrom 110€ purchase
3x payment without feesfrom 100€
Sign up to not miss any news
Receive our newsletter
All the news and new features in preview
Find us on the networks
Wenn du dich für eine Auswahl entscheidest, wird die Seite komplett aktualisiert.