How to loose fat with Omega 3?
What are omega 3s? Why is supplementing with omega 3 important? How omega 3 can help you burn more fat? How to take them well? Nutrimuscle guides you through this article.
What are omega 3s?
Omega 3s are part of the essential fatty acid family. This means that they cannot be synthesized by our bodies and therefore must be provided through food or supplementation.
There are three main types of omega 3:
Alpha-linolenic acid or ALA is an essential fatty acid that is generally found in plants such as nuts, linseed or rapeseed oils ... ALA is considered essential and must therefore be provided by a good diet .
The other two types of omega 3 are named EPA for "eicosapentaenoic acid" and DHA for docosahexaenoic acid. These fatty acids are found in fish such as salmon, mackerel and tuna. EPA and DHA are involved in healthy brain and nervous system and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The omega 3 and omega 6 balance:
Ideally, a healthy diet should respect a balance of 5 omega 6 to 1 omega 3. However, our modern diet often generates an imbalance between these two essential fatty acids, with a ratio of 16 omega 6 to 1 omega 3. To restore the balance and maximize the health benefits of omega 3, you must therefore adapt your diet and / or take food supplements.
The beneficial effects of omega 3 on health:
Omega 3s surprise you with their many health effects, these essential fatty acids:
- Contribute to healthy cardiovascular function by reducing the risk of heart disease, lowering triglyceride levels in the blood, lowering blood pressure and improving blood flow.
- Participate in the proper functioning of the brain. Studies have shown that a DHA deficiency can promote the development of memory problems.
- Protect nerve cells thanks to their anti-inflammatory effects.
- Help fight depression. Studies have shown that depressed patients have omega 3 deficiencies.
- Participate in the proper development of the retina.
The beneficial effects of omega 3 for bodybuilding:
Omega 3s, in addition to their health benefits, also have very interesting virtues for athletes. Indeed they:
- Stimulate anabolism by activating the enzyme mTOR, which is responsible for muscle gain.
- Limit the appearance of muscle soreness and promote recovery after exercise.
How Omega 3 can help you lose fat?
Omega 3s through different mechanisms of action can help you burn more fat and optimize the results of a healthy diet and regular exercise.
This is because they have a thermogenic effect and will therefore increase your fat burning by raising your body temperature and help eliminate the fat that settles around your waist. They also help shed extra pounds during a low-calorie diet.
Omega 3s can help you better control your appetite by increasing your body's secretion of an appetite suppressant hormone called leptin.
Omega 3s therefore make it easier for you to follow a low-calorie diet.
How to properly use omega 3?
To improve absorption of omega 3s, take them with meals that contain fat. Ideally, spread your omega 3 doses over the day. Indeed, spreading the doses of omega 3 over the day is better for your digestive system and also better for taking maximum advantage of their cardiovascular benefits. Thus omega 3 will help your heart beat more regularly throughout the day.
Regarding the doses, we recommend taking 2 to 4 g of omega 3 daily.