How to choose your pre-workout booster
There are many different supplements you can take before training to optimise your performance. Nutrimuscle accompanies you and helps you to make the most suitable choice.
What is a pre-workout booster?
A pre-workout booster is a type of supplement used before training to improve performance during the session. Some boosters contain stimulants: caffeine, guarana or green tea. Others do not contain stimulants, but have other mechanisms of action to improve endurance, strength or congestion.
Do you need a boost to start your training? Want a big, fast source of energy? Need to improve your stamina in preparation for your session? Are you looking for strength gains or do you want to optimise your muscle growth?
For every need or goal, there is a suitable booster. We guide you to make the best choice.
How to choose the right pre-workout booster?
As you will have understood, it is by clearly identifying your objectives and your needs that you will be able to choose the booster that you need.
You are looking for a boost :
Supplements containing natural stimulants are a good choice to give you a boost at the beginning of your training. These boosters will give you the energy and focus you need to successfully complete your workout.
Caffeine is the ideal booster because of its powerful effects on physical and mental performance. Caffeine stimulates concentration and reduces the feeling of effort. A natural caffeine booster is the best choice, as it will not cause unpleasant palpitation effects, unlike synthetic caffeine.
- Green Caffeine Bio Booster: this booster is unroasted organic green coffee rich in natural caffeine (approximately 45%). Its benefits for you: reduction of the impression of effort and perception of pain and improvement of the level of concentration.
- Organic caffeine: this booster contains 95% pure, natural caffeine. It is an ideal supplement to take before training and is convenient thanks to its stable and guaranteed caffeine content (80mg of organic caffeine in one capsule).
- Organic Guarana: Guarana naturally contains caffeine as well as other beneficial molecules that facilitate the work of the heart which is solicited during training. This booster has a milder effect than green caffeine, but has a more prolonged action.
Looking to gain strength and build more muscle:
If you are looking to gain strength and optimise your muscle growth, there are several supplements of interest.
- BCAA: BCAA (branched-chain amino acids: Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) belong to the family of essential amino acids. Taking BCAAs just before training helps to resist fatigue better. During a physical effort, the level of Tryptophan entering the brain increases, causing physiological and psychological fatigue. An additional intake of BCAAs limits the entry of Tryptophan into the brain and thus reduces the feeling of fatigue and the loss of strength.
- Peptopro: This supplement is a casein hydrolysate, which makes it a protein that does not require any effort to assimilate or digest and is therefore ideal to take before training. Peptopro provides a boost and also stimulates muscle gain.
- Whey Isolate comes from milk and contains 90% protein. Taking this protein before training stimulates muscle growth. Its very fast assimilation gives it the advantage of not weighing on the digestive system during training.
Looking to improve your pump:
In order to increase your muscle pump, we recommend that you turn to supplements that stimulate the secretion of NO (nitric oxide), a gas that promotes oxygenation and muscle congestion.
- Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid that is a direct precursor of nitric oxide. Taking arginine therefore boosts NO secretion, leading to better anabolism and muscle congestion.
- Citrulline is also a semi-essential amino acid. Taking citrulline indirectly boosts NO secretion by doubling the level of arginine in the blood (for an intake of 3g to 6g of citrulline). Arginine and citrulline therefore work in synergy.
- Tribulus Terrestris is a plant that stimulates the secretion of hormones favourable to muscle growth. Tribulus terrestris also acts as a NO booster to promote muscle congestion.
You are looking to improve your endurance:
To increase your resistance to fatigue, you need a large source of rapidly available energy. We recommend that you turn to quality carbohydrates to fuel your muscles before you start training. You can also take Beta-Alanine, an amino acid that helps delay the onset of fatigue during training.
- Dextrose is a simple carbohydrate that is assimilated very quickly (almost immediately). It then provides instant energy to the muscles.
- Maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate that is rapidly assimilated and helps to avoid moments of fatigue and hypoglycaemia during training.
- Oatmeal or Barley Flakes are an excellent source of low glycemic index carbohydrates and fibre. They provide a good source of energy for training.
- Nutri-Fibers provide an excellent supply of fibre and carbohydrates resulting in a prolonged release of energy.
- Carnosyn® Beta-Alanine: This amino acid enables the muscles to produce carnosine, which has a neutralizing effect on the increase in lactic acid associated with training. Thus, Beta-Alanine helps to delay fatigue and increase endurance during the session.
If you want to combine the various benefits of the above boosters with a convenient, all-in-one supplement:
MusclePump Nutrimuscle is a blend of amino acids designed specifically for pre-workout use. It gives you more energy during your workout, improves your strength and muscle congestion and delays the onset of fatigue.
MusclePump Nutrimuscle (20g) contains :
- 10g of BCAA 2.1.2 Resistance ;
- 3g of L-Arginine Base ;
- 3g of L-Citrulline Base;
- 2.5g Carnosyn® Beta-Alanine;
- 1.5g of prebiotics and strawberry flavouring
MusclePump Nutrimuscle has been designed to be used in a modular way according to your needs. It does not contain caffeine to give you the choice of adding it or not depending on the time of day you train. It does not contain carbohydrates to give you the choice of whether or not to add carbohydrates depending on your objectives: mass gain or lean.